" An opportunity like this only comes once in a lifetime. The chance to wake up in a different country everyday, to embrace different cultures, and make a difference in a guest´s experience onboard a ship - all this while earning a pay check - is unbelievable."
As an onboard Sales associate, you will be offering the best service possible for our guest. It is about building relationship during a cruise itinerary and earning the trust of our guest to satisfy their shopping needs. Your product knowledge and superior sales and guest service skills will help our guest enjoy a truly memorable experience.
All new Sales Associates are provided through training to ensure understanding and minimize challenges. You will also receive extensive product knowledge training in our key merchandise assortments and have the opportunity to share your sharping your selling skills through a variety of guest service and sales training programs.
Flexibility Within The Team
Our commitment to each cruise line is to place the best qualified candidate in each available position. We prefer to vary each contract assignment in order to provide a broad spectrum of onboard lifestyles. You may be assigned to a specific ship, and then transfered to another when called to duty. Flexibility within the team is the key to success as an onboard sale associate,
- Room amd all onboard meals are provided at no cost to the employee
- Medical coverage is provided at no cost to the employee for the duration of the contract
- Employee discount for merchandise purchases while onboard
- Company paid air travel expenses for employees returning after their first completed contract (within a 3 months time of period)
Starboard is looking for guest focused candidates who will be able to create sales opportunities and exceed sales results.
New hire Requirements
New Hires must be able to obtain a valid passport from their home country, as well as all required visas, and pass a full medical examination at an cruise line approved Doctor.
In Order To Join Our Team And Embark On This Exciting Opportunity
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be fluent in English (written and orally)
- Be able to obtain a valid passport and any required visas depending upon the ship destination.
- Be able to live onboard a cruise ship for 6 months continuously minimum.
- Be available to work 7-days per week, up to 14 hours a day.
- Have two years of successful retail experience, preferable in fine jewelry, watches, beauty, visual merchandising, promotions, clothing, accessories and/or liquor, preferred.
- Be flexible with work schedule, job duties and job location.
- Be willing to share a cabin with one other member of shipboard staff.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and communication skills.
- Be willing to work in a hifg-volume fast- paced sale-focused environment
- Be able to lift 55 Lb (25 kg)
Here Are a Few Things to Consider Before Applying
- Make sure your experience, skills and interests are in good match for the position by reviewing the position in detail.
- Create a well tailored curriculum vitae typed in English. Include your current contact information, such as Cell phone numbers and Email addresses.
- Describe carefully your work experience and education.
- Highlight any skills experiences, and languages that can make you more competitive for the position.
- Remember we are looking for motivated sales professionals. This Energetic personality is highly expected during the interview.
- For the final interviews candidates should be available all day as we conduct interviews activities and a company orientation that will detail many aspects of the position and life onboard.